Monastery of St. George
It is located in the forest of Skaros, just after Kolivata in Alexandros area, on a plateau overlooking the northwest of the island. According to testimonies and documents it was founded in 1611 and it is one of the most historical monuments of central Lefkada. The monastery flourished during the Ottoman rule, when the forest of Skaros became its property. The temple of the monastery expanded in 1709. Highly valued paintings are preserved inside the church on the eastern wall which is left intact. The templon is very interesting and it was made in 1724.
Hermitage of the Holy Fathers
Rooted for centuries in a rocky area, 5km over Nikiana on the way to Alexandros, in a cave near Skaros. It is one of the oldest Orthodox monuments of the island. Church sources mention that the three Holy Fathers who came to the island after the first Ecumenical Council in Nice of Bithynia in 325 AD lived here as monks. Their tombs are in a chapel inside the cave.